Gexa Energy was founded in 2002 and started in Dallas, TX. Gexa quickly became one of the fastest-growing retail electric providers (REPs) serving residential and commercial customers in Texas. It was acquired in 2006 by NextEra Energy Resources, one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power in the US with a focus on clean and renewable energy. All of the residential electricity plans offered by Gexa are powered by 100% green energy at no extra cost.
What is the Gexa Energy ‘Happiness Guarantee’ and how does it work?
With their competitively priced electricity plans and great customer service, it’s no wonder why Gexa is a household name in Texas. Gexa offers a 60 day “Happiness Guarantee.”
If for some reason you are not happy with your new residential plan, just call Gexa within 60 days of your activation date. They’ll let you change to another Gexa Energy plan and waive the early cancellation fee on your first plan. This applies only one time and is for new residential customers. Your contract term will restart with your second plan.
Which charities does Gexa Energy contribute to?
Since its start, Gexa has been committed to doing good by serving Texans and to helping local communities. By supporting time and money to the United Way and many other local projects, Gexa employees and customers find ways to help out fellow Texans.
Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Family Alliance provides emotional, educational and practical support to families of children with cancer as they battle the disease and the financial burden inherited immediately upon diagnosis.
Nora’s Home has hosted patients from all over the world with various diagnoses surrounding organ failure. They serve end-stage solid organ failure patients and transplant patients receiving treatment. When families have to leave their homes for sometimes months on end, Nora’s Home is proud to provide them a safe haven of inclusion, support and healing to aid them on their transplant journey
Rebuilding Together Houston restores hope and revitalizes neighborhoods by repairing homes at no cost for low-income elderly homeowners
Around 1 million people in the 18 southeast Texas counties served by Houston Food Bank are considered food insecure, meaning they lack consistent access to enough nutritious food to fuel a healthy life. To address this issue, the Houston Food Bank distributes food and other essentials to those in need through a network of more than 1,600 community partners.
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is the largest nonprofit dedicated to creating a world without blood cancers. The organizations’s mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Helping a sick child fight their illness takes a big enough emotional toll on a family. Adding a financial strain can make it all almost too much to bear. Ronald McDonald House helps address those problems, whether they involve housing that’s near a hospitalized child, the expense of staying together in another city, or even getting basic medical and dental care in a vulnerable community.
What energy plans does Gexa offer?
Gexa Energy electricity plans are designed for consumers can track and manage their usage accordingly. These tiered rate or bill credit plans are perfect if you know how much electricity you use each month. Here are some of the electricity plans Gexa is currently offering through Honest Gorilla:
Gexa Saver Value 12 is for homes that use between 500 to 1500 kWh per month. You will be eligible to receive bill credits up to a total of $85. Here is how you can qualify each month:
- $35 bill credit for usage between 500 and 999 kWh a month, and an additional
- $50 bill credit for usage between 1000 – 1500 kWh a month, but
- No bill credit will be offered for usage less than 500 kWh or more than 1500 kWh
Gexa Saver Advantage 12 is for homes that use between 1000 – 2000 kWh per month. You will be eligible to receive bill credits up to a total of $120. Here is how you can qualify each month:
- $40 bill credit for usage between 1000 – 1499 kWh a month, and an additional
- $80 bill credit for usage between 1500 – 2500 kWh a month, but
- No bill credit will be offered for usage less than 1000 or more than 2500 kWh
Gexa Superb Saver 12 is for homes that use between 1500 – 2500 kWh per month. You will be eligible to receive bill credits up to a total of $150. Here is how you can qualify each month:
- $50 bill credit for usage between 1500 – 1999 kWh a month, and an additional
- $100 bill credit for usage between 2000 – 2500 kWh a month, but
- No bill credit will be offered for usage less than 1500 or more than 2500 kWh
Gexa Saver 12 is for homes that use more than 1000 kWh per month. You will be eligible to receive a $95 bill credit. Here is how you can qualify each month:
- $95 bill credit for usage of 1000 kWh a month or more, but
- No bill credit will be offered for usage less than 1000 kWh
Gexa Saver Deluxe 12 is for homes that use between 1000 – 2000 kWh per month. You will be eligible to receive a $100 bill credit. Here is how you can qualify each month:
- $100 bill credit for usage between 1000 – 2000 kWh a month, but
- No bill credit will be offered for usage less than 1000 or more than 2000 kWh
Gexa Saver Premium 12 is for homes that use more than 2000 kWh per month. You will be eligible to receive a $100 bill credit. Here is how you can qualify each month:
- $100 bill credit for usage of 2000 kWh a month or more, but
- No bill credit will be offered for usage less than 2000 kWh
Gexa Energy Saver 24 includes a free Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi thermostat, professionally installed in your home. The electricity plan is a basic fixed rate plan without any tiered rates or bill credits.
All of these plans are available with the Honest Gorilla promo code. It is applied automatically when you signup directly through using this website.
How to sign up for service with Gexa Energy
Once you answer a few questions regarding your lifestyle, household and budget, Honest Gorilla’s algorithm will crunch the numbers. We will rank all of the plans in order of cheapest to most expensive. To see all of the plans offered by Gexa Energy, be sure to select ‘Gexa Energy’ as one of the desired filters.
After that, signing up for service with Gexa Energy is super quick and easy. You will be asked to provide your DOB and SSN for identity verification and credit qualification purposes. If everything checks out, then in less than 90 seconds you will be signed up for service and Gexa Energy will be your retail electric provider.
There is nothing you will need to do once you have enrolled for service. Just sit back and let the computer networks do the talking and provisioning. You will receive an email from us congratulating and thanking you for your business. You will also receive a welcome email from Gexa Energy providing details of your contract and service.
Please note that if you are switching energy providers, ERCOT will send you a postcard in the mail informing you of your intent to change providers. Be sure to pay the final bill with your previous energy provider. And if you’re signing up for service for the first time, make sure you selected the date you would like to have service turned on.
Does Gexa Energy charge a deposit to get started?
You may be required to provide an initial deposit before receiving electric service if you cannot demonstrate satisfactory credit or meet Gexa Energy’s credit standards.
If a deposit is required, Gexa Energy’s deposit amount will not exceed the greater of either the sum of your estimated billings for the next two months, or one fifth of your estimated annual billing.
Gexa Energy may require you to provide an additional deposit if
- A disconnection notice has been issued or your account has been disconnected in the previous twelve (12) months, and
- If your average actual billings over the previous twelve (12) months are at least twice the amount of the original average of your estimated annual billings.
Your service may be disconnected if a deposit is not paid within ten (10) calendar days after the date of the request for deposit. Gexa Energy will apply any cash deposit held on your behalf plus any accrued outstanding balance on your final bill (with any excess amount refunded to you), or to your current balance(s) when you have paid bills for service for twelve (12) consecutive months without having any late payments.
How can I get back my deposit?
According to Gexa Energy’s Terms of Service, it does not state if and how you will receive your deposit once you have fulfilled the terms of your electric service agreement. However, per the PUC Substantive Rule 25.478 it clearly states how you may be refunded your deposit. This is applicable to all REP’s licensed by the PUCT, of which Gexa Energy is a member of.
Is there any way to waive my deposit for Texas Electricity with Gexa Energy?
You may demonstrate satisfactory credit (as defined by PUCT Substantive Rule 25.478) and qualify for a deposit waiver by:
- Showing that you are 65 years of age or older,
- Not currently delinquent in paying an electric account, or by
- Submitting a prescribed letter certifying that you have been a victim of family violence.
You may call Gexa Energy at (855) 639-8100 for additional information about qualifying deposit waivers. Be sure to mention ‘Honest Gorilla’ for special rates and offers.
What happens after my contract expires?
If you do not select another product or forget to switch providers before your contract end date, then you will continue to be served by Gexa Energy automatically. You will be on a default renewal product, which will be a month-to-month variable price product. The terms of the renewal product will be further detailed in the EFL that will be included with the final contract expiration notice sent to you. As always, you may cancel the default renewal variable price product at any time without penalty.
Which utilities does Gexa Energy offer electricity service?
Gexa Energy is one of the most popular energy providers in Texas and serves communities all around the state. Below are some of the cities and utility service areas where Gexa Energy operates:
- Oncor Electric Delivery: The largest energy delivery company in the state serves 98 counties in Texas. Cities it serves include Dallas, Fort Worth, Waco, Arlington and Odessa.
- Centerpoint Energy: This energy utility serves the Houston metro area and parts of southern and eastern Texas.
- Texas New-Mexico Power (TNMP): In business for more than 40 years, TNMP delivers electricity to Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth and Midland.
- AEP Texas: AEP has Central (AEPC) and North (AEPN) Texas divisions. Cities it serves include Corpus Christi, Laredo and Abilene.
What cities does Gexa Energy serve in Texas?
If you’re wanting to sign up for electricity, then look no further. You can shop and compare Gexa Energy rates and plans available in your city with Honest Gorilla.
Find your city in the list below, and you will be able to comparison shop and click to signup for a low-cost electricity plan with Gexa Energy in just a few minutes.
Helpful resources to help you get in touch with Gexa Energy
- To sign up for service with Gexa Energy: click here
- Learn more about Gexa Energy’s commitment to community: click here
- Register your account online: click here
- To review your billing statement: click here
- To download the Gexa Mobile App: click here
- Make an online payment: click here
- Speak with a customer care representative: (855) 639-8100
- Contact customer care via email: email@example.com
- Hours of Operation: M-F, 7am – 8pm CST and Saturday, 8am-5pm CST